Sunday, July 19, 2015

Book Review--FlyGirl

I'm a big fan of the library.  If I read a book, it normally comes from the library.  The last time we were at the Flight Museum, I saw the book FLYGIRL by Sherri L. Smith.  I clicked on my King County Library System app and put a hold on it while I was still in the museum's gift shop.  

It's about a young African-American girl during WWII.  She loves to fly like her father but she's denied a pilot's license because she's a woman.  When the hears about the Women Air Service Pilots (WASP) program she wants to join.  



This is a really good book.  I really enjoyed the historical aspect as well as the seeing the courage and fortitude of this character.  This book has Sweetwater Texas and the WASP Museum on my bucket list. 

And if I ever come across one of these patches, I'll be so excited!




No comments:

Post a Comment