Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Books, Books, Books!

We Love Books!





Every year the boys' school holds a book fair and a reading challenge.  This year the theme was, "Dive into Reading".  Normally Tony has been able to attend their Doughnuts with Dad (part of the Book Fair) activity because he worked evenings.  Since he has his glorious day schedule, he took the opportunity to do his own "Doughnuts with Dad" afternoon with the boys.

The boys love to read and we are having fun keeping careful notes on what they read so they can try to win the grand prize!


I really love that my boys love books as much as I always have.  I've contemplated starting a book club but adding another thing to my plate when I don't have a lot of time to read didn't really sound fun.  However, when a couple of friends brought up the idea and I had partners in crime, I was all in.  The first book we discussed was, "Unbroken".  Such an interesting, intense read celebrating the resilience of Louis Zamperini.  The next book which I'm already halfway through is, "The Fault in our Stars".  Of course now the reading bug has bitten and taken on a life of it's own so I've got a pile of books that I'm excited to read.  I'm sure I won't be able to read all of them before they become due at the library but a girl can hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment