Monday, July 14, 2014

Daybook 7-14-2014

Outside My Window...
My lilac tree is growing if I don't forget to water it in this heat.

I am Thankful...
for my family.  I feel so blessed to have a best friend for my husband and to have 4 healthy and happy, good children.

I am Thinking About...
I am thinking about work right now.  I've been sending out letters to some of the residents here, as part of the property management duties.  I've taken on a new job which may sound crazy but it's an easy way to supplement the family income a little since we hope to have a home soon which will include a mortgage and having to pay for utilities and all that good stuff.  What a blessing to have had the opportunity to get back on our feet after the plane crash and be able to save here.

Notes About School...
Ryan and Max do well with our simple summer home school.  I just wish I could remember to have them practice handwriting more, because I think that's what they need the most, but it is not the most fun for them. :)

From the Kitchen...
I tried a new mini quiche recipe yesterday.  Max swore he wouldn't like it and then he tried it and did.  Sometimes the parents know what they're talking about. :)

I am Creating...
a stronger body.  I'm on week 5 of the 0-5K training program.  I feel blessed to not have any health problems or injuries because I know some that aren't able to run right now even though they'd like to.  As much as I don't "love" running, I love how I feel afterwards. 

I am Working On...

 a few yard improvement projects.

I am Reading...
Preach My Gospel
 
I am Praying...
for the primary kids I'm privileged enough to know.

I am Struggling...
with the negative thinking pattern that hits me every month, once a month.  Gotta love hormones and how they affect emotions.  I'm glad to know it's short-lived and to be able to ride it.

I am Hearing...
Imagine Dragons.

Around the House...
The fans are blowing.  It's been hot lately.  We've been enjoying the hot summer.  We've gone to the water park, played in our kiddie pool, had slurpees on July 11th, had lots of bike rides, gone ice skating, explored at parks.  And then we come home and are grateful for fans and an A/C unit. :)

One of my Favorite Things...
My inquisitve, smart boys.  They love to find out how everything works.  I have a new vacuum and while it's annoying they don't want to leave it alone, it's fun to see them talk to dad and look at all the parts and talk about how it works.

A Few Plans for the Next Week...
One of these days I'll get my freezer meals prepped.

No comments:

Post a Comment