Sunday, February 23, 2014

Happy Birthday Daddy!!!

Tony wanted a simple celebration for his birthday.  He got to work a day shift so we could celebrate with him more on the actual day which made it fun.  I taught Joy School in the morning and then tried to decorate.  That was easier said than done with 2 little ones for sure.  :)  Tony came home to signs and balloons and streamers. The boys had drawn him pictures (lots of Calvin and Hobbes).  I made his favorite dinner and a cherry cheesecake.  The boys and I had fun wrapping his presents and then...



 
                                              A lot of smoke with 36 candles.  :)




 
36 Reasons Tony is the Greatest
 
1.  He is loyal and true to his family.
2.  He has faith in Heavenly Father and teaches his children to pray.
3.  He can melt my heart with one look.
4.  He is funny and light-hearted.
5.  He is humble and treats people well.
6.  He is always wanting to learn new things.
7.  He is so talented at creating and building and fixing.
8.  He is his children's' hero.
9.  He loves being with his kids and taking care of them
10.  He loves me first.
11.  He is kind-hearted and sees the best in people.
12.  He honors his heroes, his mother, father and grandfather.
13.  He is very service minded.
14.  He believes in living life.
15.  He wants me to follow my passions.
16.  He loves the youth he teaches at church.
17.  He learns from his mistakes.
18.  He works hard for things--he does not act entitled.
19.  He helps me make the bed because it's important to me. 
20.  He helps take care of Evelyn during the night.
21.  He supports girl time for me, which seems like a given, but that isn't the case for everyone.
22.  He has great taste in music.
23.  He'll play Star Wars Monopoly with a 6 and 4 year old. 
24.  He has always joked about not wanting to have a girl, but that was all in jest.  Evelyn has him wrapped around her tiny finger.
25.  He loves the outdoors.
26.  I always feel safe and protected when he's around.
27.  He loves his country.
28.  He gives the best hugs and kisses.
29.  He's forgiving.
30.  His kids love his tickles.
31.  He is dependable and trustworthy.
32.  He'll play grocery store games with me.
33.  He is a gentlemen and also very respectful of his elders.
34.  He dances with me.
35. He ignores me when I need to be ignored and only then.
36.  He is always there for me.
   

1 comment: