Friday, March 1, 2013

Boehm's Chocolate Factory

About 15 minutes from home is a chocolate factory that was founded by Julius Boehm.   He was a Swiss-Austrian who ran in the 1924 Olympics and ran the torch in the 1936 Olympics.  He fought in WWI and didn't want to be drafted by the Nazis during WWII so he skiied over a glacier to get out of Austria and made his way to America. 

When we first drove up to Boehm's Chocolate Factory, I told the boys I was in heaven.  Look at this beautiful Swiss chalet that reminded me so much of my mission.
A tucked away dream of mine is to have a cabin in the mountains that is styled after a Swiss chalet.  Here are some of the kids waiting for the tour to start. 
It was a fun tour that was a little hectic because the kids couldn't touch anything of course which is so hard to do.  The home was gorgeous with stained-glass windows.  The chocolate factory was small but interesting.  And we got to wear factory hats so of course it was fun.  I had a friend take a picture of Jase with his little paper hat so I'll have to add that later.

The end of the tour was a little chapel he had built on his property to remind me of home.  I didn't get any pics but my Swiss Miss heart was in heaven.  What a fun tour

No comments:

Post a Comment