Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Max's First Day of Kindergarten

Last night we did haircuts, baths and set out clothes for today. Tony gave the boys father's blessings. All of this preperation was for the big day--today!
Our handsome boy is so excited for kindergarten!
From September 2012

From September 2012

From September 2012

We attended a Meet and Greet last week and I was looking all over for his name. I thought the teacher had made a mistake. After about 20 minutes, I realized that she had him under Robert. I knew this would come up when he started school but I totally spaced it when the time came. Here he is under his AM Kindergarten class bulletin board. His teacher will change his name tag, but he is still listed as Robert E. He is a Tiffany Park Tiger!
From September 2012

Here he is finding his cubby.
From September 2012

And coloring a tiger.
From September 2012

The first day of school was only the kids whose last name started with the first half of the alphabet. The other half will come tomorrow and then Thursday will be the first day with the full class. He already has 4 friends in his class either from church, preschool or t-ball. There's even a friend of mine from church who works at the school and helps the kindergarteners! His teacher is Mrs. Twiss and we like her already. She even came by our house last week to meet us even before the Meet and Greet. That impressed me so much!
From September 2012

I wondered if I'd get emotional and I didn't...except...I got choked up as we were crossing the crosswalk on the way to school. There was a little kid as the crossing guard and I don't know why but it made me realize that my little guy is growing up. No tears though and no visible sadness. My favorite part of the morning was after he was sitting down, I gave him a hug and told him to have a great day. He got up and gave me two more kisses-not because he was sad but that's just what he always does. I LOVE that my little guy still gives me kisses and wants to hug me.
He had a great day at school and is looking forward to Thursday.

2 comments: