Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A Little Glimpse

On Monday Ryan started gymnastics. He is an incredibly funny kid. Whenever we go on walks,he always wants to do the "balance bean" (curbs). So now he's in gymnastics and he gets to do all kinds of fun stuff. I love the expressions on his face, like, "mom, why are you taking my picture?"
From October 2011

From October 2011

This tickled me yesterday. I was getting ready for a crockpot cooking class I was teaching and I needed Max to entertain himself. He found some books that my parents gave me. The Childcraft Library is something I would look through as a little kid and I love the pictures from the fairy tales, different countries, etc. Well first Max brought me a picture of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir because he recognized it from Conference. Then he showed me something from the cartoon "Little Einsteins". It was the Mona Lisa but he had seen it on this little cartoon. So cute. Every minute he would exclaim, "OH WOW" or "COOL" when he saw something (Niagra Falls, Mt. Everest, etc.) I think this kid is going to take after me and my culture loving, travel loving self. My opinion is let's go see all of these cool things instead of reading about them! I've been pretty blessed with opportunities to travel and I hope my kids are too.
From October 2011

From October 2011

Today we had a playdate to plan joy school and we made ice cream in little baggies. The kids loved it. They wore gloves and everything. All you do is put 1 cup of chocolate soy milk and 1 Tbsp. of sugar in a sandwich baggie. Then you put ice and salt into a gallon size baggie. Put the chocolate soymilk baggie inside, cover with more ice and salt and shake and toss from hand to hand for 8-10 minutes (wearing gloves ; ) Easy peesy. I just recommend using freezer bags just in case the ice punctures the baggie and you end up with a bit of salty ice cream. ; )
From October 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment