Sunday, October 2, 2011

Conference Weekend!

Sometimes things can turn out quite differently for two people. Tony woke up with hives and had to miss a day of work but then he got to make up for it by working Saturday and Sunday for his mandatory overtime weekend. I'm really wishing the overtime didn't have to happen.

I had a really wonderful weekend. Stacey came to stay the weekend with us. She even said she'd watch the boys so I could go to a girl's night/sleepover. It was awesome but I got NO sleep. Well, I might have snoozed for 2 1/2 minutes two different times but other than that, no sleep. Totally worth it though! Then I was able to listen to the prophet and other church leaders via General Conference . I love being inspired! Also, Stacey helped me paint my family room! Wahoo! The walls badly needed paint and well, now they have it and Stacey was the one to stand on the ladder because I hate ladders. What a gal! Then we went to get free stuff at Deseret Book for ladies night. Then Grandma Kate came to visit for today. Stacey and I also cooked Latin American food that she got to try on her mission.

Here's Stacey stirring the sugar for the flan (the first one cracked one of my glass pans, the second one spilled out all over my oven) which did turn out yummy in the end.
From October 2011

Here's Max playing with a learning activity (intended for other purposes). The kids did pay attention to some of it but 8 hours is a lot for two small kiddos. My favorite was Saturday when Ryan stated loudly, "NO, I SAY IT" during the opening prayer.
From October 2011

From October 2011

Eating our cultural feast! Peruvian steaks, Pupusas, rice and flan. Yum!
From October 2011

2 comments:

  1. Love that picture of Max! What a good idea! Sounds like a busy, fun, productive weekend.

    ReplyDelete