Thursday, July 14, 2011

Happy Bastille Day!

I haven't always been good at remembering to celebrate Bastille Day the 10 and a half years (gulp) that I've been home from my mission, but I always try to remember. Today, we sang along to our French kids music CD and colored the French flag and the Eiffel Tower. I did not explain the gory history, we just talked about the fun stuff, much like I did on the 4th of July.
Here are my cute boys with their pictures. Instead of cheese, they shouted, "Bonjour"
From July 2011

My boys tried Brie on pieces of a baguette. Ryan was not a fan. Max thought it was butter at first because it was so soft. He liked it okay as long as it was just a little cheese on the bread. They had no problem with the cookies "biscuits" of course. They were yummy!
From July 2011

The best part of Bastille Day was learning that there is going to be a temple built in Paris!
From July 2011

Here's a link to the article:
http://www.leparisien.fr/yvelines-78/un-temple-mormon-a-la-place-d-edf-12-07-2011-1529224.php

No comments:

Post a Comment