Sunday, September 26, 2010

Reflections

This week has caused a lot of reflecting. Our cousin Becky lost her best friend, Meg (only 29 years old) to cancer. Meg has a husband and two small children. Her story is here. Sometimes I feel truly blessed to know the people I do and to have come in contact with so many wonderful people. I heard a lot about Meg through Becky but met her just a handful of times. However, sometimes people can touch your soul. I know part of me was touched by Meg because she was a young mother with two beautiful children who was facing such a difficult battle, but she also had some amazing qualities that touched me even before her diagnosis. Meg helped Becky do photo shoots of our family. She had this amazing smile and you just wanted to be around her. She was warm and caring. She talked about her kids (as we moms like to do) and her love for her children was evident. I got to hear from Becky about what a selfless person she was. I got to visit a little with Becky and Ben today and see the photos of Meg on the wall and see again what a beautiful person she was. So this post is dedicated to Meg, her family, Becky and to all of the small ways that we can touch people and do good in this world by giving freely and helping others and smiling more often at the people around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment