Friday, April 2, 2010

Mission Memories

Since I wasn't able to make it to my mission reunion, I've been reminiscing about what a wonderful experience it was. I was able to serve in the Geneva Switzerland mission from June 1998-December 1999. The MTC months were fun because I had a great district. I remember loving the fact that there was an elder from Liverpool and one from Glasgow. They always cracked us up. We learned how to try to speak French. We sang and prayed in French. We went to the temple weekly. We heard inspiring speakers. Then we flew to the mission field. From my very first interview with my mission president, I knew I was in for an incredible experience. President Rex Allen was an inspired man and helped me to feel God's love for me and the French/Swiss people I would be serving. I only have a few pictures scanned into the computer from my mission but I need to do the rest. I lived in Lyon, France for 6 months and then lived in Lausanne, Switzerland for 5 months, St. Genis, France for 4 months and Chambery, France for 2 months. My mission was an amazing experience and it makes me so happy that I was able to spend 18 months just teaching about Jesus Christ and serving people and learning. Ca me manque des fois!
My MTC district on July 4th, 1998
From Because Life Should Never Be Ordinary

Here we are pointing to where we would be serving
From Because Life Should Never Be Ordinary

This is at the mission home. President and Soeur Allen
From Because Life Should Never Be Ordinary

Soeur Strongitharm was my trainer--soo much fun
From Because Life Should Never Be Ordinary

Preparation Day was once a week. My very first one was touring Lyon. Fourviere, a Catholic Basilica is in the background. Amazing!
From Because Life Should Never Be Ordinary

I will get more pictures on the web! This is only a smidgen of an experience that changed me for the better!

1 comment:

  1. I still remember seeing you off at the MTC. Oh the mission - those are days never to be forgotten.

    ReplyDelete