Monday, November 16, 2009

A Little Slow

I have discovered my crock pot. It's been used probably 3 times since Tony and I were married almost 5 years ago. Now, I just might use it everyday! One pot to wash, no stirring, no watching the food, easy pleasey. I'm even starting to have breakfast ready for Tony in the morning by cooking oatmeal in the crock pot overnight.

Here's a website I found via Kris' blog: A Year of Slow Cooking

If you have any favorite crock pot recipes, feel free to share! I love this one:

ITALIAN CREAM CHEESE CHICKEN

4 chicken breasts
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
1 packet Italian seasoning
1 can water
8 oz. cream cheese

Combine the soup, water, and seasoning and whisk together and thoroughly blended. Place chicken in crock pot, and pour soup mixture over the top. Cook for 4-6 hours until chicken is tender. About 30 minutes before it's finished, add the cream cheese and mix well. Serve over rice or pasta.

2 comments:

  1. Crockpots are the best! That's my favorite recipe too. I also do roasts with potatoes and carrots and the works in mine. Makes for a great no hassle sunday dinner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's one of my favorite recipes! Another REALLY good and super easy one is Salsa Chicken.


    Chicken
    Salsa
    Canned Black Beans.

    That's it!


    Throw em in. Let em cook. Shred the chicken and serve on tortillas. Super Yummy!

    ReplyDelete