Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I'm a CASA!

I don't miss working and I am in LOVE with being a stay at home mom, but my passion for child welfare is still there, so I decided to become a Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA). I'll get to do similar work to what a social worker does but solely for the child on a case. I get to help make sure their voice is heard and that the best interests of the child are always first and foremost in a case. In the beginning of the case there's a bit more to do, but it will mainly be several hours a month, regular contact with the child and making sure the case is moving along. I'm really excited about this. If you have ever wondered about how to help children who have been abused or neglected but aren't ready to do foster parenting (which is also great), being a CASA is a great choice! Here is a link to the National CASA website

3 comments:

  1. that is great! I am excited for you. But I do have to admit, before I opened up your posting, and saw just the post title and read "I'm a CASA", I thought .... You're a house???" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool that is so awesome. You are so good with children anyway. I'm sure you will enjoy it alot.

    ReplyDelete