Saturday, October 31, 2009

Wild Things--Halloween Night

Back story: I do NOT sew. I never desired to sew until recently and then a friend of mine suggested sewing Halloween costumes. So I brought my idea of Max being Max from Where the Wild Things Are to life. Thank you Tallie, Grandma Kate and Tony for helping with the costumes. I never ever would have finished them without your help. I think they turned out so great considering limitations with the pattern, etc. Here is Max and one of the wild things.

From Oct


From Oct


From Oct


From Oct


Max's pumpkin
From Oct


From Oct


Max was fascinated with this dancing tree
From Oct


Our alien and astronaut friends--Max and Ryan's costumes are from the same pattern as Hank's alien costume. Thanks Tallie!
From Oct


Too much wild rumpus-ing
From Oct


And some videos of some of the fun!
From Oct


From Drop Box



Tony and I didn't dress up for the trunk or treating but for a party we were Amelia Earhart and a college grad with a cardboard sign that said, "Will Work for Food". For our party, we were Romans; so we did dress up.

6 comments:

  1. Those are the cutest costumes - how creative. I love that you sewed them yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie,
    As usual, you did a spectactular job!
    We just missed you guys at the Trunk-or-Treat! We saw your truck, but not you!
    Check out our guys on our blog, if ya wanna.
    Tony,
    College grad with sign - hilarious! Love it. You might want to check out the blog post before our Halloween post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Creative costumes! Love them. And I don't sew either so I was lucky that my MIL was in town.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They turned out cute and wild. Max looks just like "Max" and what a little monster Ryan!! Love It!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what cute little "wild" nephews I have :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Job on the costumes! They turned out really cute!!

    ReplyDelete