Thursday, October 15, 2009

Being Grateful

I've posted a lot tonight but I just had another life lesson I wanted do post about, so don't forget to scroll down because I started tonight with the most darling picture of Ryan in the exersaucer.

Okay, I belong to a board of LDS mothers and some of them are familiar with a woman who was famous in the blogging world. Last August (2008), she and her husband were in a plane crash and were severely burned. Because of the common thread we share, I checked out her blog.Not that I ever compare our experience to others. I've learned not to do that because it makes Tony uncomfortable (I don't know if that's the right word) when people talk about something they've been through and discount their own experience because they feel like his is so much worse. Well, here is an example of someone who has gone through a different kind of trial, with the burns, skin grafts, etc. and yet, she seems to have a very positive outlook on life. She sees the beauty in life and the beauty of being a stay-at-home mother. I am grateful to have read even a small bit of her experiences. I'm grateful that we can take joy in the beauty and miracle of life because of a loving Heavenly Father who blesses us every day.

1 comment:

  1. I discovered Nienie's blog just earlier this week. Powerful, isn't it? And heartbreaking. And of course I thought of you and Tony the whole time I read it. And I thought of what a powerful witness to faith and family both of your families are to the rest of the world. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete