Sunday, September 6, 2020

Goals Smashed

 We have a new goal board and art board.  I should take a better pic of the goal board, but here's the best I have.  It has four sections to go with the youth goals at church:  spiritual, intellectual, physical and social.  Each of us writes down our goal for the week in each section and post it to the board.  

Total aside:  the art board is a huge magnet board we got from our friend.  This picture was taken when it was first hung up and didn't have art on it yet.  

Our set of goals included Jason and Evelyn wanting to go around the whole circle of monkey bars at our park.  This was a huge deal for them because they always wanted my help.  Like I always do with monkey bars, I told the kids that when they go all they way across they get to go to menchies.  Both Jase and Evelyn set the goal to go halfway around.  They said they would practice 3 times that week at the park.  Wouldn't you know that the next time we went to the park they both went all the way around right away when they absolutely wouldn't go more than two rungs before?  They smashed it.  I didn't have my phone to get pics at the park and Tony was the one to take Jase to Menchies, but I have a pic of Evelyn enjoying her reward.





No comments:

Post a Comment