Sunday, September 6, 2020

End of Summer Sibling Sleepover

This is one of my favorite "Mean Girls" quotes, although there are many.   


I was kind of feeling like a cool mom when I had the idea to let them have a sibling sleepover downstairs.  I wanted to have another memory maker for the kids.  The kids got to sleep downstairs and play video games as long as they wanted.  My only request was that they could NOT be grumpy the next day.

I was not counting on my 8 year old staying up all night!  Yikes!  I didn't even think my 11 or 13 year old could make it the whole night.  I didn't have enough faith in the power of unlimited video games.

Here they are the night before.  I took one picture and then left them to their party.



Ev had come upstairs and climbed in our bed sometime early in the morning.  All of the kids woke up in the morning and had breakfast.  Max and Ryan played with friends for a few hours after breakfast but Ev and Jase fell back asleep.  Max and Ryan went back to sleep at lunchtime.  We had some pretty fun conversations with them when we were nudging them awake late in the afternoon.  














No comments:

Post a Comment