Sunday, June 14, 2020

Another Kidney Stone

Thursday 5/22, started out fantastic.  I did my first ever art docent lesson on zoom with Mr. Paul's class.  It was amazing.  The energy, the focus, the collaboration...it was so fun.  We did a pop art hamburger drawing.  Mr. Paul said that there were kids on the zoom chat that he hasn't seen on a zoom chart yet.  It was such a natural high to teach.

I had started to feel some pain on my right side in the back.  After it was uncomfortable for a little while, I decided to take some pain killers and lay down until the pain subsided.  I checked in with Liat to let her know that I needed to take the afternoon off.  While I lay there, the pain didn't go away.  Tony even shared one of his pain meds and it did nothing so he took me to the ER.  I was admitted that night and had an xray which showed an 8 mm kidney stone.  The nurse's assistant or PCA told me that the urologist would likely visit me in the morning.  However, the urologist came that night and talked to me.  Sometime very very early the next morning there were blood draws and stats taken and I kept getting a really low blood pressure reading.  The urologist told me that I was septic and they needed to put a stint in to drain the infection.  So they took me to the OR and I went under.  They blasted the stone so they could get the stint in but the urologist said afterwards that the infection started oozing out and they lost visibility to do anything else with the stone.

I was in the hospital for 6 days with fever, nausea, headache, pain, etc.  as my body fought the infection.  I was so glad to get home but it was still a very slow recovery.  I was so glad to be able to have Tony visit me in the hospital.  And I was so grateful that Kate was there with the kids to help them school.  She even helped pack.  She was an angel.

I did get to see "Press My Luck" which brought me back to my childhood.  "NO WHAMMIES"



No comments:

Post a Comment