Thursday, December 28, 2017

Scorpions and Springs Preserve

After going for a walk, we decided to play a card game.  We were home from the walk for about 45 minutes when I looked down at my leg and saw a "leaf" on my jeans.  

"That leaf looks a lot like a scorpion," I said I took a closer look.

The Washingtonian in me is used to leaves, but it was indeed a scorpion.  Grandma Kate told everyone to get back.  Grandpa J came in with a shoe but he didn't want to squish it on me so I took a pen and flicked it off where he could smash it.  This started a week of scorpion hunting and Grandma and Grandpa had an exterminator come.  After spraying, scorpions are usually more abundant at night before they leave.  

Tony ordered a black light on amazon and went on scorpion hunts each night.

We even saw scorpions at Springs Preserve which is a really fun place to explore that teaches all about the history of natural life in Las Vegas.
























We also got to learn about the water systems and Las Vegas in 1905.





This is Max marrying Jase and Ev.  They plan to get married when they grow up.  If they dressed up like this, I just might let them. ; )









No comments:

Post a Comment