Sunday, February 14, 2016

New Glasses and the Tow Truck

Max needs new glasses and a patch to help strengthen his left eye.  So we went to the optometrist, had his exam and left to get Max back to the school.  Because his eye was dilated, we were running a few errands before returning him to school.  I realized after stopping by the library and running to the pharmacy that my wallet was back at the optometrist.  I returned to the optometrist and as I was leaving the car wouldn't start.  We had an appointment to take it to the dealer two days later for a recall on the shifter.  So when Tony wasn't able to get it started (only time I've had that problem and it wasn't the battery), we had it towed to the dealer.  We assumed it had to do with the shifter and the signal not being directed that the car was in park.  Unfortunately, it was just the starter which Tony could have easily done, but you live, you learn.  We got our shifter taken care of and now we have a new starter.  I drove a loaner car overnight.  

While dad was trying to start the car...



Then daddy saved the day and got Max to his afterschool robotics class while I rode with the tow truck to the dealer.  It took him awhile to get our all-wheel drive up on the dollies.


Now we have new glasses on order, a new eye patch and a car that starts.  Win, win, win!


No comments:

Post a Comment