Sunday, December 6, 2015

Flat Stanley's Letter to Ely

Dear Ely, 

I had such a fun time visiting the Eppersons.  It was an adventure for sure!  It didn't start out so good.  First, they forgot to take me to see the Clam Lights.  I like Christmas lights just as much as the next guy, but I was left behind.  Then, while they were gone, their cat found me on the couch and dismembered me.  I'm a little traumatized from this experience but luckily, Max saved the day.  He redid my body, put on the same clothes that Ely had put me in and made me look as good as new.  Because it was a rainy Seattle weekend, he gave me a PIFF (personal invisible force field) so I could be out in the rain.  Once I got my PIFF Saturday morning, we were ready for an adventure!

I was excited to go to such a big city.  I watched out the window until I could see the tall buildings.


First we drove to the bottom of a big parking garage-we were on the level 8 floors below ground.  We rode the elevator up and crossed the street to see the Gingerbread Village in the lobby of the Sheraton Hotel.  It's an annual event to raise money for Diabetes research.  This year the theme was, "May the Holidays be With You".  Max and Ryan were very excited to see all of the Star-Wars gingerbread creations.  Debbie was too.  Too bad Tony had to work. 











Max loved Hoth!



This was Debbie's favorite.  So seriously cool!







This was one of Ryan's favorites!








Look!  I even got to be in their gingerbread picture!


Then they took me to famous Seattle Space Needle! It's so tall!  We didn't go up--it was too rainy and cloudy to be worth it.  Maybe you can take me back to Seattle, Ely, and we can go up together!


Then we passed Tony's work and met him at the Flight Museum.  I got to take a picture with the Wright Flyer--the very first airplane ever!


So many planes!


I got to hang out with Ryan, Jase and Evelyn while Tony and Max listened to a speaker present about the P-51 Mustang!



Then we toured the space lab!


I went to space! Just kidding!  It looks like it though!




I loved this Christmas tree with airplanes on it! So cool!  


I loved visiting the Eppersons!  It was fun!  Thank you for sending me to Washington, Ely!


No comments:

Post a Comment