Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Time is Passing Quickly and Slowly

As much as I try not to focus on the due date because they're so arbitrary, I'm really looking forward to August 27th--and that is probably not even the date this baby girl is coming.  Two weeks!  We've been doing a lot except I haven't taken a lot of pictures. 

Tony's been doing a lot of fishing and crabbing which has been fun for the kids and makes for some super good dinners.

I've been doing a 30 day Book of Mormon reading challenge and I'm going to do a similar program with all of the scriptures (although the Old Testament will take much more than 30 days).  It's been great and I've been learning a lot.

I've been wondering a lot about friendship lately and how I can help my kids find their place.  I have a friend who says where they live, all of the kids play together, kids of all ages.  It just seems here that the kids are not as inclusive.  It's not that they don't have friends, it's just interesting.  As much as I like to have play dates, sometimes I don't because if a kid is a year older than Max, he doesn't let him play with his things.  But I try to make sure my kids know that they need to play with everyone and that age is just a number.  And then when it comes to adult friends, there are different levels of friendships, some friends you know that you're there for each other no matter what and other friends that you think you're closer than you actually seem to be when they blow things off.  Interesting lessons that you learn throughout life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment