Sunday, August 25, 2013

Miscellaneous Happenings in August 2013

Wahoo, I spelled miscellaneous right! ; )  So I have not been my usual picture-taking self, so this post will go pretty fast.  The month of August inched and sped along like I said in the last post.  There was a lot going on but the baby due date always seemed far away.  It's funny how the end of pregnancy will do that to you.  I was able to go to several girl's night activities, we had play dates, birthday parties, etc.  A highlight was getting together with some old friends.  We met up in Tacoma and played all day.  Of course I forgot to take pictures, but there's nothing like spending time with good, good friends.  We also had a visit from the Denny family.  Tony and Lincoln went fishing and Beth and the kids and I played and visited Fox Hollow Family Farm.  That was a lot of fun as well.  Here are some pics and more activities:

Tony found a dead dragon fly and we all though it was interesting to look at it's beautiful, shiny body when normally they're flying too fast to see too well.
 
 
Tony and the boys did a lot of fishing and crabbing.  Yum!


 
Flounder which Tony is really good at catching and cooking!

 
One of the days spent on the beach and I actually remembered to take a pic or two.


 
Max and Ryan took swimming lessons for the second time this summer and loved it!





 
This was a fun surprise!  Kate (mom-in-law), Stacey (sister-in-law) and Grandma Joan sent a baby-shower in a box.  I still have pics coming from my other shower so I'll post about that one soon.
 
 
Kate picked lady bugs for baby girl's little theme since she knew I like lady bugs!  She made the quilt and pillow!

 
These cute clothes came from Stacey.  The one on the left says, "I am Not a Boy" haha 

These last outfits are from Grandma Joan and the doll and homemade burp cloths are from Kate.  Too much cuteness!  This baby girl is so lucky!
 Her first doll!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment