Thursday, May 30, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

This is out of sequence with my other hurriedly put together posts, but I can't forget to remember Mother's Day.  It was so fun even with a few setbacks.  The night before Tony and I had a date and we had bbq for dinner.  I woke up in the middle of the night not feeling good.  Then I woke up to start the day and took a shower and came out to Tony bringing me breakfast in bed with Max's help.  Max had been talking for days about the things he made at school for me and was so excited to finally give them to me.  Such a sweetheart.  He made a beautiful little card and there was a cup of tea made out of paper and decorated with sequins and inside was a real packet of herbal tea. 

But I really wasn't feeling good.  Both Tony and I had a stomach bug.  I wouldn't say food poisoning exactly because it wasn't that severe but it was pretty harsh nonetheless.  Tony had it worse, he could barely move.  I let Max eat my awesome breakfast.  I really needed to be at church so it took all I had but I got going.  Ryan was late to rise and Jase was sleeping so I hurried and got Max ready and took off.  The kids sang in Sacrament Meeting to the mothers.  It's always wonderful.  I was in front helping them remember the sign language because it would be hard for such a large group of kids to all see the music leader.  They did great.  In primary, we made a mother's day craft, a card where the kids listed all the things their moms do to show their love for them. 

After church I rested a tiny bit and Tony was feeling a bit better so we put together our dinner together because we were having the missionaries over.  The night before I had been able to call their families to tell them what time they'd be skyping with them.  It felt like Christmas to hear the excitement in their parent's voices.  So we visited with the missionaries, let them Skype, had dinner together and then attended the baptism of a wonderful man. 

It was an awesome Mother's Day!  I'd love to have the missionaries over each Mother's Day.  It was perfect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment