Thursday, February 7, 2013

Spring is in the Air

On Monday, Max was excited.  "Look mom, the flowers are growing".  "No, Max, those are just weeds."  And then I took a closer look and sure enough some beautiful shoots have popped out of the ground. 
 
 
I can't even explain the happiness I feel when I see the first signs of Spring.  It's a sign of new life and I just feel so rejuvenated.  I adore Spring!  Now, I'm waiting for this plant to get a little bigger to see if it's one of our Tulips or one of the Daffodills that I planted in the Fall.  Today I weeded.  Funny thing to be happy about, but I love being outside with the sun shining, the boys playing and me working in the garden, whether it be a vegetable garden or a flower garden.  I just love it.
 
Back to Monday, we decided to go to the park with friends and enjoy the sunshine. 
 
 
We have had such a mild winter and now Spring is already here.  I just love the Pacific Northwest.

1 comment: