Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The Latest

The election results were very disappointing in our home but we want to be positive and continue to be prayerful for this great nation and beautiful state that we live in. Lately, Tony and I have been trying to take our money-saving skills and food storage/preparedness to another level. It's been fascinating to read about different ways to be more self-reliant. It started with me reading this blog post which led me to read
From November 2012
and then
From November 2012
I love learning new ways to stretch certain areas of our budget so there's an even greater savings. We started doing our budget to reflect how they do theirs and it really works for us. Not everything in the book is how I would do things but there's so much to learn. Freezer meals have become a new favorite of mine. I recently tried these 8 meals and they are great. I'm constantly looking for ways to stretch our budget so we have more wiggle room to save and have fun outings and also we're continuing to save and be prepared for any emergency. Any tried and true tips are always appreciated! :)

We've also been reading from a reading list which is fun. There is a list of 100 books children should read from our local library system. I love requesting the books online from all over the county, picking them up at my library and reading them with the kids. This one wasn't on the list but it was a favorite anyway:
From November 2012


Ryan has continued with swimming lessons. He is doing so well with daddy there watching him. Max is in an afterschool athletes class and loves it. It's fun to watch because he's got to be the youngest one there (5-7 years old). They play all kinds of games to practice sports skills and the coach is amazing. We've been lucky that all of the kids' lessons have been positive experiences.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. Now I have a couple of books to add to my list. A couple of questions:
    1. Do you have a deep freeze?
    2. How do you cook your beans?
    We've been reading off a 100 book list for kids too this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, sorry, I just saw this. I miss you!
    We don't have a deep freeze although I am shopping for one and feel that it will REALLY help with the grocery budget/food storage. I cook my beans in the crockpot and then freeze them in one cup portions. :) I'd love to hear what you do!

    ReplyDelete