Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Joy School---I Can Help Myself!

This week was my first week to teach to Ryan and his friends. They were adorable. We talked about all the things we CAN do! We talked about how we are children of God. We read the Little Engine that Could. We talked and showed the different things we can do (jumping, stomping, etc.) We showed how we can get our socks and shoes on. We pulled items from a bag that started with the letter D and then traced and colored ds. We also circled the number 4 and colored 4 apples. We also talked about how we are all important as children of God. I had them help me each put ingredients in a bowl to make cupcakes. I had cupcakes without oil and eggs and some with. We talked about how we needed all the ingredients to make the cupcakes work. We saw what happened when we baked the two kinds of cupcakes. We needed the oil and eggs to make them look and taste good, just like how each child of God is important. They also cut out their paper doll. The last thing we did was finger paint a picture with their name taped out. Here is Rhett mixing the cupcake batter. Rhett was very expressive when he was telling me all the things he could do. He can "Ka CHOW" and he was showing me all kinds of martial arts moves. :)
From October 2012
Here is Ryan at the puzzle station. He liked to talk about how he can ride a bike.
From October 2012
Here is Tyler and Rhett during playtime. Tyler was quieter when it came time to telling me what he could do but he really wanted to show us how he can run REALLY fast.
From October 2012
Ryan and Alana hugging after a misunderstanding--it's all about the social skills. I was impressed with how well Miss Alana could cut with scissors. She did really well.
From October 2012
I loved Tyler's face during finger painting. He was hesitant to smear it around but he told me all about the process about how he wanted to mix the blue and green, etc. It was adorable.
From October 2012
Here the kids are seeing the different kinds of cupcakes. I hope they understood what I was trying to teach here, but if not, they got a cupcake out of it. :)
From October 2012
And a group photo. I promise Alana had fun!
From October 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment