Friday, July 23, 2010

Renton, Renton, Here we Come!

Last Friday night, after finishing my tour of Kirtland, I turned my phone back on and there was a message. The message said that we were being offered the position as property managers in Renton, WA. So we will be moving next month. There's always hundreds of mixed feelings when it comes to moving, excitement and some anxiety being the primary ones. I just want to take all of my friends with me. Instead of receiving a salary, we will be receiving free rent and all utilities paid for. We will also receive a one-week vacation in a time-share (I don't know where yet). Once, I've learned the job, it should be about an average of 5 hours of work a week. The families maintain their own home and property. We collect rent and attend a monthly HOA type meeting as well as help enforce community rules. I've written many a polite reminder and then strongly worded letter in my social work days. I hope the position is as trouble free as it seems. Time will tell! We are so grateful for this opportunity and thank Heavenly Father for this blessing!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I have been so out of the loop! I need to become a follower of your blog because I clearly miss too much on FB! I haven't posted on my FB anywhere but I expect we will live in OR by the end of this year. A lot of surprises have come up this last week! Moving IS a bit scary but exciting. We have to sell our house by Nov 15th. We are doing a short sale. :-( So Renton? Is it still close (within 3 or 4 hours) to Portland? Love ya! Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete