Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Half

We were able to enjoy a beautiful weekend in Sunriver and LaPine, OR. We camped at Uncle Ken and Aunt Dorothy's campsite in LaPine and enjoyed the calm. We also visited the very fun resort-type town of Sunriver where we did a half-marathon on Saturday morning.
This was my first year but there's a tradition with some families in my church to do the half-marathon and have a carb-loading dinner the night before. Tiffany and her mom Karen were gracious enough to host this year. I remembered to pull out the camera at one point and got this cute shot of my boys playing with her youngest
From June 2010

Saturday morning was Max's birthday but I didn't say happy birthday to him before we left rather early. I wanted to see this instead of a hyper, excited Max at 6:30am
From June 2010

Then we did the race. Kate and Geniel were superstars and did great. I'm glad I did it, but definitely need more training if I'm going to pass the tortoise next year! :) It really is about just keeping one foot in front of the other. Next time, I will NOT sleep on an air mattress the night before! :)
Here's our after picture
From June 2010

The Pacific Crest Half-Marathon really treats the participants and their families well. Here is Max playing for a bit, but he soon said it was too hot
From June 2010

Resting back at LaPine after relaxing showers at Tiff's condo
From June 2010

Tony and Uncle Ken playing horsehoes
From June 2010

From June 2010

Ahhhh to relax
From June 2010

Uncle Ken helping with Max's birthday dinner
From June 2010

Tony found a pygmy toad
From June 2010

From June 2010

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great pictures! I'm friends with Geniel in Oregon City, and she was so pumped on Sunday about completing the half marathon. Congratulations to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie you rock! That's awesome that you did a half-marathon even after a night on an air mattress (aka no sleep)! And such a cute pic of your sleeping boys.

    ReplyDelete