Sunday, June 30, 2019

Max and Mom Take D.C. Part 1

Since I have two brothers in the military, it isn't always the easiest to get together.  Alan and Rebecca live in Germany.  Darin, Kris and Drew now live in St. George.  Dave's family lives in Maryland (just outside of D.C.).  Usually, when we have big moments in life we invite everyone with the caveat that we know it's difficult to get there and understand when everyone isn't able to make it.  Dave got his dates for his promotion ceremony to become a Colonel in the Air Force.  They also planned to have Caiden ordained to the priesthood at the same time when grandparents could be there.  

Tony asked me if I wanted to go.  Of course I did, but I didn't really think it was feasible, financially and schedule-wise.  Tony really encouraged me to see if we could make it happen.  One of the reasons I hesitated too was because I wanted to go but I wanted my family to go.  I wanted cousin time.  Then I was inspired to do what my friend Cachet did.  She did a one-on-one trip with her daughter when she turned 12.  This was the perfect way to make it happen.  It wasn't too expensive for two of us and Max is old enough to appreciate seeing the sites during the day while his cousins are at school.






Playing games with Ella and Caiden




Casi's beautiful art.


No comments:

Post a Comment