Wednesday, November 16, 2016

This is Us

Some recent happenings in our life--

The kitties getting much love from Cami and Evelyn (I kid swap with a friend and it works out great)


This is after storytime.  The kids look at books together while us moms talk.  I wanted to show Tony his daughter noticing an airplane in a book while she's wearing her airplane shirt, haha.


My fashion queen


Then Max wanted to take this picture, haha.


I got to visit my friend Eve at her new house.  Should have taken a picture of her or us probably but I did take a pic of this cute craft her girls did in activity days.  Cute idea to file away.


I have good friends who come to hang out once a month specifically to share a gospel message.  These are some notes one of them shared with me.  



We had the privilege to vote and President Trump won the election.  I have many feelings about this and reactions to this fact and feelings about the reactions of others to this fact, media influence, and so on.  I'm a hopeful, optimistic person.  Sometimes I think of this song from one of my favorites, South Pacific.  

(side note, "Some Enchanted Evening" is the best song from this movie but that has nothing to do with this).

It makes me grateful for my role of mother and the opportunity that Tony and I have to teach our littles about democracy, love, serving others and spreading kindness and love.  We have the opportunity to make a difference in the world by being a strong family and by helping our community.  I'm proud to live in America where I have opportunities and I can help others have opportunities as well and we can learn from others and appreciate the love that God has for all of his children.  

I watch a couple of boys after school on Wednesdays and take them with us to scouts.  We had time to explore Tiffany Park last week.


This was kind of a big deal.  Max has been a little self-conscious lately (sorry adult Max, but it's true).  I was so proud of him for wanting to wear his cub scout uniform for the Veteran's Day Assembly.  Way to be an individual Max and comfortable in your skin!


I was hanging with my dear friend and we were getting her home ready for renting.  Even though she's not moving far, I got a little nostalgic for 6 years of memories at this house.  We were clearing out weeds and out of control strawberries.  How can you not love a friend when you having matching gnomes?


Love this pic of some cute kids after V's baptism.
It was wonderful to share this special time with him.

Afterwards the kids played and I put my kitchen back together after emptying all of the cupboards for painting.  It was a great opportunity to reorganize and donate stuff I don't really use.  I love my "new" kitchen.



Evelyn tried a dance class.  Her first opportunity to try something without a built-in friend (Jase).  She doesn't love it.  Here she is playing outside the class with Jase and a friend.  It was a fun attempt.  We gave it a few months.  Think we'll try again later.


Love that we will get to remember everyday moments like this.  We love having friends next door.  They invite us over for dinner and vice versa.  They help us (Tony) put in floors, Tony helps with their car.  We get to chat whenever.  They're just good, good people.  Here's a snap of Tony helping Nathan with his car.


This is looking back at the house where there are painters inside (so happy for this).  Friends are watching kids and I was able to prepare my front yard for winter (trimmed roses, pulled out dead annuals, weeded).  We filled up two yard waste containers.  I also planted tulip bulbs. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment