Thursday, July 14, 2016

Driving in the Desert and Visiting Darin

After Tony drove through the night, he let me take a turn in the morning.  I counted the road kill that I passed in that 2 hour stretch (Tony loves to drive).  28!  28!  And you know a drive doesn't have great scenery when you have to count road kill.

We passed Ely, Nevada with it's nod to the past.  This is where we changed the kids out of their pajamas and switched drivers again.



I was reading outloud to the kids from, "The Land of Stories" and right after Alex and Conner escaped from the Troll and Goblin kingdom, we came up on this scenery.  We spent the next half hour defending our car from trolls and goblins.  Jase would "SMASH them".  Can you see the goblins in the rocks too?



Evelyn was funny.  She kept taking Max's arm and kissing it.


Tony is the handsomest driver ever!


Then I got to have dinner with this awesome brother of mine and my awesome sister-in-law and cute cute nephew Drew, who is growing a stache.  Wha?  I didn't think to take pics at the time so Darin obliged with this last minute one.  Then we made plans to meet up again in Sacramento so we could see Ash and her fam.  


No comments:

Post a Comment