Monday, September 28, 2015

Mom and Dad's Weekend Getaway Part 2--and St. Helen's Memories

We had breakfast at the hotel and visited with the nicest older lady.  We strolled leisurely through town and admired cars at the car show.  We took a lot of pictures to show the kids. :)













Then we went to swing one more time.  The sand felt so nice!



The sand castle artist was back again and this time we got our picture taken.  He told us his dogs' names were "Peacedragon" and "Lovedragon".  I love meeting interesting people.


Another interesting person we met was this gentleman who owns his own glass-blowing shop in Astoria.  He was showing us the process as he made a paper weight.











We took Highway 30 on our way back so we could stop by St. Helens.  


We stopped by the church where I was baptized.  I have memories of us kids throwing the oak galls and breaking them.




Oak Galls






This is the new building for the school where I spent first and second grade--McBride Elementary.  The old building burnt down.


And Tony got to see my old house.


I am so grateful for my parents for coming up to spend time with us, help us and allow us to have this super long date.  We needed it and it was perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment