Thursday, February 19, 2015

February Catch Up

So much has been happening that it's been difficult to get it on the blog.  But for the sake of catch up, I'll post about it, but not be able to give everything the detail I would like.  We started painting some more.  We have a new fridge and dining room light fixture and I've started recovering our dining table chairs.  There have been many play dates and opportunities to give service.  Max earned his orange belt!  Tony is busy with scouts;  he went on a camp-out.  I can't take pictures of everything although I'd like to, but here are some pics I remembered to take.


My sleeping angels (well, almost all of them are sleeping. :)  





A visit with good friends and a new baby!  Jennica brought baby Alyssa over and then Tallie came over to so we could love on her baby!  Oh my, she is such a huggable baby!



The kids played outside and jumped on the trampoline for most of the visit, but by hour 4, we put on a show.   I should have remembered to take a pic outside.  Oh well. :)




Ryan was a super reader at school and was awareded with some neat stuff!


Jase and Evelyn love each other so much as evidenced by this darling picture.  We were driving an hour north to visit cousins and Evelyn was tired and fussy.  Her little brother held her hand and it calmed her right down. 


Random, but as I was thinking of taking pictures of day-to-day things one time, I decided to show my big pan of ground turkey and black beans that I cooked up.  Then I freeze it in quart-size bags and we are almost ready for our Taco Tuesday tradition.  I love when I have the time to take the time to save time and money. ; )


Another funny, normal mom pic.  This is of Jason the jelly face.  We carpool and so normally the boys get picked up for school and Tony and I pick them and their friends up to bring them home.  This day was an exception and we had to just go so jelly face and jammies and all, we had to pile in the car and get the boys to school.  These days are rare because I don't prefer taking my son all jellied and sticky into the car, but it was a rush rush kind of day and it happens. :)


We love to go to the park!  These 3 toddlers all rode in the double stroller.  :)  They were quite the sight! 





When I  volunteered to sell popcorn at the school for the PTA, the boys were sad that I didn't bring their siblings.  Well, bringing two of them to "help" just isn't going to happen but I could bring Evelyn the next time I volunteered.  Here she is eating lunch with her big brother. :)



Evelyn has quite the little personality.  We call her Gilly sometimes when she is being mischievous.  It's a Saturday Night Live Reference.  You may hear one of us saying, "Gilllleeee....Gilleeee...Gilleee" in stern and exasperated tones. lol



Spring has sprung!  It's been a very warm weather which isn't good in some respects because there isn't much snow in the mountains to feed into the rivers, etc.  Hopefully it will get colder???  But, I really like seeing signs of spring so it's hard for me to want colder weather.  I have crocuses in my yard!  And daffodills!  This is going to be a fun spring discovering all that I already have to enjoy and seeing what to add.  The green around the crocuses have bulbs so they're hard to pull up.  I have a feeling they're this small little purple flower that I pulled out of our yard in Tacoma.  I'm going to wait and see, but they look to similar to weeds to me and they are popping up sporadically so they're probably going to get yanked.




  

No comments:

Post a Comment