Sunday, April 7, 2024

Art Docent Fun

I volunteered to be an Art Docent Chairperson this year.  I go to make a new friend because Lauren Beach and I are co-chairs.  It's been really fun.  My primary motivation was to help bring more representation of different cultures to our school through the art program.  Lauren and I took the school district monthly curriculum of cultural heritage months.  So we found artists with lessons and made it available in a curriculum.  After we recruited volunteers and had an Art Docent Kick-Off Night, our first round of lessons ere in November.  A very creative friend, Amanda created this display so we could have all of the monthly artists for Hispanic Heritage month displayed in the main hallway.  I love how beautifully it turned out!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment