Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Going Against the Wind

Our family has been having weekly bike rides when the weather has allowed.  When Tony had to work on his car, I took the kids out myself.  We got about 1/2 a mile out on the trail when we felt a few rain drops.  We turned around and luckily the rain didn't really come, but the wind came.  Sometimes in life, you get to have really fun teaching moments.  I knew Ryan would have a hard time riding his bike when the conditions weren't ideal so I pre-empted any complaining with a game. 
"Ryan, let's show the wind how strong we are.  It's pushing against us, but we are stronger than the wind.  Take that, wind.  Take that."
Ryan didn't even complain.  He laughed as we pushed against the wind.  "Take that wind.  Take that".  He said.  "I'm stronger than you.  I can do anything." 
So we pushed against the strong wind and caught up to Max so he could join in our crusade to be stronger than the wind.  Little moments like this make me happy to be a parent and I'm hopeful that my kids will always believe that they're stronger than they'll ever know.                       
 
Here are some pics from last week's ride with Tony along.


We stopped to see the eagle's next.  The picture doesn't show it very well.  We got to see an eagle fly out and right above us.  It was amazing.  Gotta love where you live.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment