Thursday, January 13, 2011

Happy Birthday Mom!

So for the first time in what seems like forever, I got to celebrate my mom's birthday with her. We celebrated a day early with family in Ohio, then feted the day on an exhausting plane ride home (see below) and then went out for Pho the day after.
From January 2011

From January 2011

From January 2011

From January 2011

The boys already miss you!
From January 2011


The story of our flight home and how we celebrated mom's true birthday:
Plane was to depart at 7:56pm (Ohio time). Max and I had been up since 3:45 (Seattle time). We board the plane (boys are tired-GOOD). Then we get word that there is a missing flight panel and they're looking for the mechanics to fix it. Flash forward to 2.5 hours later and we're finally taking off (after being in airplane seats with a wiggly infant on my lap). Right before take off one of the lenses of my glasses falls off and cannot be retrieved in the dark cabin before take off or after take off. We'd have to wait until we landed to look again (flight attendant did find it upon arrival). So, I have one eye (and you know how that can make you woozy or cause headaches so even though my boys did fall asleep (Ryan all over me), I didn't get to watch the movie this time either. Boo! Max fell asleep with his face on his seat and his knees on the ground. He eventually slid to the ground and I hoped the flight attendants wouldn't say anything as they prepared the cabin for landing. They didn't. So I let my boy sleep on the floor of the airplane and didn't wake him up until we landed. Then my lens was found, we hiked and trained to baggage claim, shuttled to where our car was parked and made it home at 2:30 am (23 hours of wake time)! But it was still worth it to go! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment