Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I'm Hoping My Thumb Gets Greener With Aunt Dorothy's Help

Every spring I learn more about gardening and my love for fresh flowers and vegetables grows along with my garden. I'm still pretty naive so I thought this tutorial from Aunt Dorothy on how to do starts in gallon jugs would be helpful. I've seen her do this before so I was pretty excited to see the tutorial. Here is a picture of my own attempt. I've usually just been successful when I've had plants to start with, so I'm pretty excited to see what happens with my seeds.
From April 2010

My lovely garden is going to have marigolds, daisies, delphinium, alyssum and zinnias (I hope)!

2 comments:

  1. Yea, you did it! They should grow just fine. I see a watering can there....with our normal spring weather you won't need to use it in those jugs. They catch enough rain and hold the moisture very well since it is almost enclosed. Only add water if you can see that the soil inside has dried. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited! The watering can was for the start-up process and for my geranium plant that's not pictured! Thanks again for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete